All vacancies at The Best Social are open to every candidate, regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, age, and cultural background.
The Best Social
An Amsterdam based company in social media. With a team of 36 young creative minds we’re working hard on curating, creating and celebrating the best of social media. Nice to meet you!
The Best Social Events
The Best Social Awards is our annual event where we celebrate creativity and innovation in social media in the Netherlands and Germany. With a few years of experience in organising Awards shows in the Netherlands, we feel it is about time for us to create a brand new event for the social media branche: The Best Social Conference.
The Best Social Conference aims to become the biggest, most innovative and creative social media conference of Europe. The Best Social is thought leader on social media in The Netherlands and Germany and wants to share that knowledge with the world by inviting the most inspiring people to talk at our conference. The conference will be 100% streamed – 100% digital – 100% social. At the conference we will discuss the latest trends on social media in The Netherlands, Germany and all around the world, highlight best practices and make sure you interact with the most inspiring creators and strategists.
The Best Social Conference and The Best Social Awards are part of The Best Social. Together with The Best Social Media, The Best Social Studio, and our vacancy platform The Best Social Jobs, we consider ourselves the searchlight in digital chaos. Weekly, we reach over 1.5 million people through our social channels!
Who are we looking for?
To help build our event team, we are looking for a new event management intern. You’ll support the Conference team in its production activities. You will be your own client, but you’ll work side by side with our designers, editors, strategists, sponsors, speakers, creators, … and, within half a year, you’ll learn all the ins and outs and will explore the new possibilities of social media livestream events. Amongst others, you’ll be able to work on a modern program – with interactive talks and workshops. After The Best Social Conference, your main focus would be to help plan The Best Social Awards, which is scheduled for spring 2022.
This is what you’ll need for this job:
- You’re a student, enrolled in a relevant course, preferably in event management (HBO or University)
- You’re active on social media and know what’s going on
- You’re interested in the sociological part of social media: fake news, privacy, inclusivity and other hot relevant topics
- As part of the events team, you will support the production aspects of the project
- You’re not afraid of deadlines, and more importantly of setting deadlines
- You are proactive and love to work with colleagues from different disciplines
- You know your way around the social media world and its jargon
- You’re fluent in English and Dutch
- And in the midst of all the projects: you’re the one smiling
- You’re curious and want to do more than making coffee
This is what you’ll get from us:
- An internship opportunity in a fun and motivated team
- An exciting international new project that you will launch in a small but very passionate team that strives to give a spark to the event by making it unique
- Experience that will last a lifetime
- A flexible working environment, with a lot of freedom and room for development
- Loads of fun and creativity
- Every week an (online) sport class (if you like)
- Club-Mate, popcorn and The Best Social events
Some practical info:
- Start: July/August /September 2021, an earlier start might be possible
- Duration: 6 months or longer
- Working days: 5 days a week
- Compensation: € 400,- a month
Send your CV and a short but killer motivation letter to [email protected], preferably in English.
We zoeken: Wij zoeken vanaf januari/februari een stagiair(e) die veel passie heeft voor social media en samen met ons de achtste editie van The Best Social Awards tot een knallend succes gaat maken.